Interested to make your baseball evaluations easier?
We provide a powerful baseball evaluation app for efficient baseball tryouts, baseball team assessments, and player development. Eliminate the data entry and evaluate players from any mobile device or tablet. Make use of our printable baseball scoresheets, printable youth baseball tryout evaluation forms and baseball tryout evaluation PDF’s.
Trusted By Thousands of Leading Sports Organizations
We’ve evaluated approximately 1200 players this season. It was super simple and convenient. Data entry usually took us eight hours a day, for fifteen consecutive days. With the volume of athletes that we need to process in one event, SkillShark has probably saved me about 120 hours overall.
Owner/Operating at Going Yard Baseball
SkillShark is an essential tool for all youth sport organizations to take advantage of. As coaches, it is our job to provide both reinforcing and constructive comments to young athletes. SkillShark has helped immensely with our player development and provides a superior solution to our program.
Hofstra Head Coach
SkillShark is a fresh and simple way to do the evaluations that clubs already do, just better. By taking away administrative tasks, more time can be spent developing successful athletes and winning teams. My experience with SkillShark shows it to be a valuable method, and one that is sure to become the status quo.
Vice President, Toronto FC & Toronto Argonauts
SkillShark has made tryouts for our baseball club so much easier. It is user friendly and the customer service has been TOP NOTCH!!
Jill Blake Sutherland
Ontario’s Canada Games program has athletes all over the province. Providing them feedback about their performance is our biggest challenge. SkillShark software makes it easy for our coaching staff and guest coaches to record data and share it instantly with athletes. It is a great tool for teams and organizations of any size.
Softball Canada Coaching Committee Member,
Instant Baseball Evaluation Reports
Instantly send your athletes report cards after each baseball evaluation. Reporting is an excellent way to enhance communication and player development.
By taking away administrative tasks, more time can be spent developing successful athletes and winning teams.
Watch this great video and hear what our customers have to say about SkillShark.
Baseball Evaluation Spreadsheet vs. Baseball Evaluation App
Baseball Evaluation Spreadsheet:
- Simple and customizable, can be used offline but, data entry can be time-consuming with limited real-time insights.
Skillshark Baseball Evaluation App:
- Efficient and user-friendly, provides real-time insights, secure cloud-based storage, easily customizable, supports video integration, scalable for all levels but, requires an internet connection.
In summary, while the spreadsheet is simple, an evaluation app excels in efficiency, real-time data, and advanced features. Skillshark’s app is the superior option. If you prefer a traditional approach, the spreadsheet remains an option.Check out our Baseball Evaluation App
Frequently Asked Questions – Baseball Player Evaluation Form
• A Baseball Player Evaluation Form rates players’ skills, performance, and potential.
• It is used by coaches, scouts and talent evaluators.
• It can be used for adequate team selection.
• If you’re looking for a more efficient way to evaluate. SkillShark Evaluation Software helps streamline your assessment. Our App allows evaluations on any criteria you choose, to be easily scored using your mobile device or tablet.
•The data is centralized after scores are collected, meaning you can analyze instant data, compare top performers, send player report cards to your athletes, draft players to teams, and track their progress over time.
• Key components of a Baseball Evaluation Form include fielding, pitching, hitting, base-running, and athleticism.
• The form can assess skills such as contact ability, fielding range, power, arm strength, pitching mechanics, agility, and speed.
• Evaluators use these ratings for insights into a player’s areas for improvement and strengths.
• At SkillShark, sending reports to players and communicating strengths and areas of improvement is as simple as a few clicks.
• Observation: Coaches and scouts observe players during practice, scrimmages, and games. They take notes in the SkillShark app and record observations on the skills and aspects being evaluated.
• Data Collection: Evaluators gather performance stats, including batting average, fielding percentage, and on-base percentages. They may also utilize video analysis to collect extra data that can be observed later by both the evaluator and the player.
• Rating: Utilizing the Evaluation Forms, assessors assign ratings or scores to players based on their observations and data. These ratings quantify and compare players’ abilities within each category.
Feedback & Comments: Evaluators provide detailed feedback and comments for each category to highlight strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement. This feedback can be typed or spoken with the voice-to-text tool in our SkillShark software.
• Baseball Players are evaluated by being observed during their performance, practices, tryouts and player assessments.
• Evaluators collect performance statistics, measurements, and video analysis.
• Baseball Player Evaluation Form Templates and apps are available online. They can be helpful for coaches, scouts, and organizations.
• Whether it’s for Little League or higher-level Baseball, utilizing evaluation forms and leveraging available resources can enhance the evaluation process and contribute to the overall development of players within the sport.