Interested to make your Hockey evaluations easier?
Trade in the hockey evaluation sheet for the leading hockey tryout app for coaches and academies. SkillShark is a powerful evaluation app used for hockey tryouts, combines team assessments, and player development. Eliminate the data entry and evaluate players from any mobile device or tablet.
In the past, we used pen & paper to evaluate athletes. This process was messy and made it so challenging to compile all the data. Now that we use SkillShark, we have streamlined everything, and immediately know who our top picks are for the upcoming season.
Youth Hockey Coach
We have 1000 kids, 87 different sessions, and close to 100 hours of evaluations that take place. I wouldn’t even be able to calculate the time SkillShark has saved us. Evaluators find it easy, coaches are happy, and I now have concrete data that I can show a parent if questions come up. It’s a great program.
Technical Director, PA Minor Hockey
“It was easy to use on our smart phone or tablet, very simple to train our evaluators, and we really like how parents had their kids results as soon as they stepped off the ice.”
Hockey Director, Chicago
SkillShark is a fresh and simple way to do the evaluations that clubs already do, just better. By taking away administrative tasks, more time can be spent developing successful athletes and winning teams. My experience with SkillShark shows it to be a valuable method, and one that is sure to become the status quo.
Vice President, Toronto FC & Toronto Argonauts
Want to know what our customers have to say? Select the videos below.
Instant Hockey Evaluation Reports
Instantly view or send your hockey players reports after each evaluation. Reports an excellent way to enhance communication and improve your hockey player performance.
By taking away administrative tasks, more time can be spent developing successful athletes and winning teams.
Analyze Results and Create Teams
SkillShark allows you to instantly run weighted, individual, or roster reports. Use the data to compare players or instantly create teams for the season.
Run Weighted Reports
Craft your ideal player by weighting categories or even specific metrics that were collected.
Use any of the reports to compare top players, and use historical data to visually track athlete performance.
Use performance data to draft players and create teams, easily export to team management softwares in just one click.
Hockey Evaluation Spreadsheet vs. Hockey Evaluation App
Hockey Evaluation Spreadsheet:
- Simple and can be used offline but, data entry is time-consuming, there are limited real-time insights and data security.
Hockey Evaluation App:
- Efficient, user-friendly, provides real-time insights, secure cloud-based storage, easily customizable, supports video integration and scalable for all levels but, requires internet connection.
In summary, Hockey Evaluation Spreadsheets lack insights, and are timely. Whereas a Hockey Evaluation App is efficient, provides timely data, and uses technology to enhance hockey evaluations. The Skillshark app is the superior choice but, if you prefer a spreadsheet it remains an option.Check out our Hockey Evaluation App
Frequently Asked Questions – Hockey Evaluation Form
• Key components of a Hockey Evaluation Form include skating, shooting, puck handling, passing, and IQ.
• The form can assess skills such as speed, agility, accuracy, stickhandling, playmaking, and defensive awareness.
• Evaluators use these ratings for insights into a player’s areas for improvement and strengths.
• At SkillShark, sending reports to players and communicating strengths and areas of improvement are as simple as a few clicks.
• Observation: Coaches and scouts observe players during practices, scrimmages, and games. They take notes in the SkillShark app and record observations on the skills and aspects being evaluated.
• Data Collection: Evaluators gather performance stats, including goals scored, assists, and plus-minus rating. They may also utilize video analysis to collect extra data that can be observed later by both the evaluator and the player.
• Rating: Utilizing the evaluation forms, evaluators assign ratings or scores to players based on their observations and data. These ratings quantify and compare players’ abilities within each category.
• Feedback & Comments: Evaluators provide detailed feedback and comments for each category to highlight strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement. This feedback can be typed or spoken with the voice-to-text tool in our SkillShark software.
• Hockey Players are evaluated by being observed during their performance, practices, tryouts, and player assessments.
• Evaluators collect performance statistics, scorecards, measurements, and video analysis.
• Hockey Player Evaluation Form Templates and apps are available online. They can be helpful for coaches, scouts, and organizations.
• A comprehensive assessment can be accurately made by utilizing the software’s key components and evaluating players through observation, data collection, rating, and feedback.
• Whether it’s for youth Hockey or higher-level leagues, utilizing evaluation forms and leveraging available resources can enhance the evaluation process and contribute to the overall development of players within the sport.
Book a demo today and get started!